Boys Group aims to create a therapeutic space where high school boys can gain support in exploring their challenges in adolescence. We will achieve this by engaging in discussions, creative exercises and stimulating activities.
Boys Group is facilitated by Penni Cox and Neil McGibbon.
- Anger management
- Destructive behaviour
- Distress tolerance
- Emotional regulation
More about SHIFT Boys Group
- High school boys (grade 8 – grade 12)
- Closed group (participants stay the same throughout the process)
- 6-8 participants
- Group runs with the term. Next group starts 6 May 2014. Intake open
- Voluntary participation
- Skills and therapy
- 2 hours including a short break
- Tuesdays, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, 7 Constantia Road, Wynberg
- An initial introductory session as well as a termination session with the family is included in the process. A midway session may occur depending on the need of the individual
- Medical aid may cover costs of the group.